Last Modified: January 12, 2021
How Do We Collect Your Personal Information?
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
Our primary purpose in collecting Personal Information is to carry out and perform our contractual obligations with you and for our legitimate purpose of enhancing the Services.
Your Personal Information may be used by us for one or all of the following commercial reasons:
- Providing and improving the Services;
- Identifying and communicating with you;
- Internal record keeping;
- Payment and transaction-based fraud-prevention to protect you, your tenants, owners, service professionals you engage with, and other Website users;
- Existing fraud prevention, which helps protect your listing from others copying and stealing the listing;
- Sending you promotional emails about new products, special offers, or other information which we think you may find interesting;
- Customizing the Website and MobileApp according to your interests.
We have summarised below the lawful basis of processing your Personal Information:
|To contact you and to respond to your requests, inquiries, and other communications||We have a legitimate interest to respond to your requests and inquiries for ongoing business administration|
|To deliver services to you||To manage and perform our contract with you|
|For business administration, including statistical analysis||We have a legitimate interest in properly managing and administering our relationship with you and ensuring that we are as effective and efficient as we can be|
|To personalize your visit to the Website and to assist you while you use the Website||We have a legitimate interest in properly managing and administering our relationship with you and to ensuring that we are as effective and efficient as we can be|
|To improve the Website by helping us understand who uses the Website||We have a legitimate interest in properly managing and administering our relationship with you and to ensuring that we are as effective and efficient as we can be|
|In connection with corporate sales or other restructuring events||We have a legitimate interest to process your Personal Information in connection with the sale or reorganization of all or part of our business or its assets|
|For fraud prevention and detection and to comply with applicable laws, regulations or codes of practice including complying with any obligations that derive from anti-money laundering and counter-terrorism legislation||To comply with our legal obligations and our legitimate interests|
You have a right to object to the processing of your personal information where that processing is carried out for our legitimate interest.
How Do We Disclose Your Personal Information?
- To comply with a legal obligation;
- To protect and defend the rights or property of ManyRoofs;
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Services or the Website;
- To protect the personal safety or rights of users of the Services or the public;
- To protect against legal liability.
Subject to applicable law, we may share your Personal Information with:
- partners and other third-party service providers: to operate ManyRoofs’s Services, we may share your Personal Information with our partners and other service providers. These service providers may provide us with support services such as origination of communications, receipt or support services, or customer relationship management services.
- third-parties through their Websites: the Website may enable you to share information directly on or through websites or online services operated by third parties. For example, the Website may contain links to third-party websites. If you choose to browse such websites, you may disclose your Personal Information to those third-party websites. ManyRoofs is not liable for the content or action of such third-party websites.
- for legal purposes: we may disclose your Personal Information for ManyRoofs’s legitimate business interests or to comply with applicable law, investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, violations of our terms and conditions, or to cooperate with regulatory authorities or law enforcement, to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- aggregated information. From time to time, ManyRoofs may also share anonymized and aggregated information about its customers or users of the Website.
When you use and access the Website or Mobile App, we may place a number of cookie files in your web browser. Both session and persistent cookies are used to run the Website.
- to enable certain functions of the Website;
- to provide analytics and understand how you use our Website;
- to store your preferences;
- to enable advertisements delivery.
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
- We have summarised below details of the cookies we use and for what purposes (also see below for details of our Analytics activities):
In addition to our cookies, we may also use various third-party cookies to deliver advertisements for our service across the internet. The advertising techniques we use do not collect any information that personally identifies a user.
We may use third-party advertising companies that use tracking technologies to serve our advertisements across the Internet. These companies may collect information about your visits to the Website and other websites and your interaction with our advertising and other communications. These advertising companies serve ads on behalf of us and others on non-affiliated sites, and some of those ads may be personalized, meaning that they are intended to be relevant to you based on information collected about your visits to the Website and elsewhere over time. Other companies may also use such technology to advertise on our Website.
You have the choice to tell us not to collect and use this information, and in some jurisdictions, we will only engage in interest-based advertising if you opt-in. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices concerning interest-based ads, visit:
If you are located in Europe, please visit:
In Canada, visit:
Your California Rights
If you are a California resident, California law provides you with the following rights with respect to your Personal Information:
- The right to know what Personal Information we have collected, used, disclosed, and sold about you. To submit a request to know, you may contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org. You also may designate an authorized agent to request access on your behalf.
- The right to request that we delete any Personal Information we have collected about you. To submit a deletion request, you may call us at email@example.com. You also may designate an authorized agent to request deletion on your behalf.
When you exercise these rights and submit a request to us, we will verify your identity by asking you to log in to your account if you have one with us. If you do not have an account with us, we may ask for [your email address, order numbers of previous orders of our products and services, the last four digits of a credit or debit card, or a bank account number used to make a purchase, or the date of your last purchase from us]. We also may use a third-party verification provider to verify your identity.
We do not sell your Personal Information.
Your exercise of these rights will have no adverse effect on the price and quality of our goods or services.
European/UK Privacy Rights
If you are a resident in the European Economic Area, the UK or Switzerland, you have the following rights to: (i) check whether we hold Personal Information about you and to access such data (subject to applicable laws); (ii) request correction or erasure of Personal Information about you that is inaccurate; (iii) ascertain information related to the Company’s policies and practices about Personal Information; (iv) request the erasure of your Personal Information; (v) request the restriction of processing concerning you; and (vi) make a complaint to a supervisory authority in your country of residence. In certain circumstances, you also may have the right to request restrictions or object for legitimate reasons to the processing of your Personal Information in accordance with the applicable data protection regulations. Further, you have the right to transfer your Personal Information to third parties pursuant to Article 20 of the General Information Protection Regulation. All of these rights are subject to applicable exemptions and qualifications under applicable data privacy laws.
Transfer Of Data
Your information, including Personal Information, may be transferred to the United States and other locations outside Europe and the United States where the data protection laws may differ, and be less stringent, than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Information, to the United States and process it there.
Retention of Personal Information
Personal Information that we collect, access, or process will be retained only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes for which it was collected and for [seven] years after the later of the last commercial transaction or commercial communication with you unless otherwise provided in agreements between you and ManyRoofs or as required or authorized by law. Personal Information that is no longer required to fulfill the identified purposes and for our retention purposes will be destroyed, erased, or de-identified.
Links to Third-Party Websites
Children's Privacy Protection
Under Age 13
ManyRoofs understands the importance of protecting children's privacy in the interactive online world. The Services are not designed for, or intentionally targeted at, children under 13 years of age. It is not our policy to intentionally collect or maintain information about anyone under the age of 13. No one under the age of 13 should submit any Personal Information to ManyRoofs, the Website, and/or the Mobile App.
Under Age 18
Minors under 18 years of age may have the Personal Information that they have provided to ManyRoofs through Services, including the Website or the Mobile App, deleted by sending an email to [firstname.lastname@example.org] requesting deletion. Please note that, while we make reasonable efforts to comply with such requests, deletion of your Personal Information does not ensure complete and comprehensive removal of that data from all systems.
Response to "Do Not Track" Signals
Some Internet browsers include the ability to transmit "Do Not Track" signals. Because uniform standards for "Do Not Track" signals have not yet been adopted, ManyRoofs does not process or respond to "Do Not Track" signals.
The security of your Personal Information is important to ManyRoofs, and we strive to implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your Personal Information against unauthorized access and disclosures.
However, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other users may abuse or misuse your Personal Information that they collect from the Website or the Mobile App. Therefore, although we take great care to protect your privacy, the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to/from ManyRoofs through the Website or the Mobile App, or via e-mail, cannot be guaranteed.
Updating Your Information
If you wish to stop receiving e-mails or other communications from us, or if you have submitted Personal Information through our Website or Mobile App and would like that information deleted from our records, please notify us at [email@example.com].